Friday, May 29, 2009

Well, it is going to be the last time we smell the roses up the walkway. Hit the chimes as we walk in the door. See grandpas beautiful notty wood table. Take a swing on the tires or climb the old metal set. Catching skeeter bugs/penny bugs, pick those tiny yellow butter cup flowers just for grandma. See how fast grandma slips off her magic slippers to spank your butt. Oh, the mint that grew by the ditch, the big garden and fresh veggies in the summer. Vitamin C disks, jordan almonds, and the latest the jaw breakers. The smell of grandpas den. Grandmas chair empty in the spare room, grandpas spot gone in the living room. No more watching uncles play cribbage at the table. Hearing grandma always tell you how much she has been blessed in her life. Hall ways and tables full of family pictures, mostly outdated. All of the pretty glass figurines in the dining room hutch that we adored when young. Etc. Corey and I have lost his grandma and a grandpa oh, in the last 5 years or so. This is my first time though that the house will go to, not just a person. It feels a little weird.
Grandma has always said she was waiting for grandpa to come give her a kiss. I'm glad she got it now and is rid of all of the gismos and gadgets she was hooked up to.
Autumn graduated tonight so we had to stay the weekend for the graduation (we attended but left after she walked, there were almost 500 kids. I don't think folks were happy we skipped early oh well). Tomorrow is her graduation BBQ and we need haircuts etc. then Sunday morning we are off. We'll do viewing and funeral on Monday.. Then back on Tuesday. We're staying with Grandma Kramer and I have a bad cold. grrrrrrr.
Wed. is Kallees last day of kindergarten she has a program and picnic. I can't hit the program due to DR appt but, I am going to the picinic. Hailey and Braydon are out Thursday.
Hailey is playing ball all June. AAU is over this is a different group (they lost semifinals by like 3 points) the 5th & 6th she plays in Burley, then she goes to yw camp, the day she gets back she has a full weekend tournament in Fruitland, the next weekend in Weiser Then she is gone for a full week to LaGrande for a basketball camp. We will be in Utah for Tavis wedding and headed home for the 4th to pick her up. SHWEW! I don't know if I will be working part time or not at all.
I am in the long process of filing for long term disability. My short term runs out end of June and I am soooo not where I need to be. They make you file for SSDI but I'm sure I'll be denied. I don't need permanent just until.....well I don't know. I've given myself lots of optimistic dates and that sure as hell didn't work. My employer wont let me go PT anymore, I'll have to find another position. None are open now, except commission only mortgage broker. If I leave work, I have a 60? day job search leave to find something within Wells (unpaid) when I come back. Or, I may be forced to be a Full Time manager and make it 6 mos or so until they fire me because I'm not 100% or just shy of making my numbers. At this point, I don't care (that's a lie I cry about it daily and obsess about what ifs) but, if we were to loose everything because the main bread winner and benefit keeper stays wacko and cant work and make $50k a year anymore.....Wells Fargo is the one who will take ALL of the losses on the loans. On the flip side, if I have to go teller just to keep benefits and not make squat......I don't know if you can be employed by them if they take a loss by you.......hmmmmmm. oh well. I won't know if I'm even approved for the insurance for a few weeks.

Braydon is happily outside and catching frogs. He is going to smell like dirt all summer.
Kallee follows brayon and the neighbors dog. Corey is same old thing. Work, fantasy baseball, and xbox. The yard keeps us busy too.

Glad to hear Heather is doing better and the sores are healing.

Pretty blah update. Hope all is well! Love ya!

1 comment:

Stacey Irwin said...

Hey you DID update?! Since you went private my thing doesn't let me know!
I like your memories too,Turns out we have quite a few of the same memories. yours your remembered so much more.
HOpe you survived the trip down. Good luck with kids out of school. Let me know what you end up doing for work.
See you in July!

Voting