Monday, March 30, 2009

Vacation: By yours truly ~Hailey~

Ha Ha ya... so my mom told me that I'm now in charge of the blog. I bet I will get fired soon. lol, I think the only reason I got hired is because she doesn't want to write about everything we did on vacation. So I guess I will tell you about that....( oh and by the way if you didn't we were on vacation with my daddy's family, Cordell, Vicki, Cade, and Autumn.) :)

We got to stay in a beautiful lake house, that was all wood and country decor. It was AWESOME!!!! We had tin-foil dinners, and smores in the fire pit in the back yard. They had kyaks for the lake. I LOVE KYAKING!!! (Even though I fell out when trying to figure out how to park the thing and get out.) Even Braydon got the courage to get into one. But of course he had to stay right next to the shore. My dad pushed him a little ways out and hahaha he peeed his pants in the kyak.

My personal favorite on the vacation of course is the Dunes!!! We got a 6 seater and a 3 seater to ride in. That is the only thing my mom didn't go on because, she wasn't feeling very well that day, I bet she would've liked it if she was feeling better. =( I liked going on the bumps otherwise known as Whoop-dee-do's you get some major speed on those and dang you go flyin'. It was a lot of fun especially when we got to ride down to the beach and play in the water for awhile!!!

Secondly, I liked the animal safari. We got to drive around and look at all the different animals. There was bears, emu, tigers, cheetahs, buffalo, zebra, bald eagles, monkeys, yak, moose, giraffes, etc.. The cool part about it is that most of them get to run around freely. So when you drive down the road the animals can be right next to you, or even right in the middle of the road. It was pretty cool.

One of the other really cool things we got to go to was the Redwood forest. I wasn't too excited to go look at some dumb trees. But it ended up being pretty fun. Because at one of the hotels I found a ?brochure? (ya I don't know to spell that oh.. well) that had a ride called the sky trail in the Redwood forest, it takes you 160 ft. in the air, in a glass box with seats in it. At the top you get off at a look-out point sort-of thing and you get to see the top's of all the trees, and where offspring are nested. It was a lot more fun then I thought it would be.

Aww.. yes and the sea lion caves. You go into an elevator to the cave, and man, it stinks like CRAP!!!! I'm not kidding either. The people that work there said it wasn't that bad smelling the day we went, but boy I sure thought otherwise. It was neat to see like 200 sea lions in a cave though.

Ohh yeah.. and we went to the Crescent City Aquarium. It was freakin' sweet! I enjoyed watch my brother almost start crying when the tour guide put a starfish on his are to show its biting him. He wouldn't have freaked out if he was listening to the guide that star fish don't have teeth!!! hahaha.. I was the only one who got to pet a seal!!! That was pretty cool, they are kinda sticky. it felt really weird. But was really cool is my uncle Cade got to lick an anemone.. the tour guide it was like getting novacaine, that his mouth should feel all tingley, and of course it was, he still thought it felt weird that next morning.

We also went to a Wildlife Center, it was different. We got to pet a lynx and baby panther. We also got to hold and play with a oppossum, baby ferrets, and white skunks. Most of the time we were watchin' the ground so we didn't step in a pile of poo or puddle of pee. (Because they had deer, llamas, goats, and long-horn sheep, running around freely.)

Wow.. you made it through my horrible writing skills! That must have been painful to read. lol

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Are you kidding me??!!! That was so NOT painful to read! I loved it! That trip sounds liked it totally rocked! I sooo want to go do that! How freak'n fun is that?!

YOu write well, and should do it much more often! Welcome to the bloggersphere. When your mom kicks you off. I'll get you started on your own.. we'll name it something cool too!

Now.. I only have one .eensy weensy complaint... Pictures.. I need pictures! ya know. .visual's of all your fun!

oh, one more thing... CHI- CHI La- LA... your cat's breath smells like cat food. ( that is my other complaint.)
;-)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a cool vacation! Do people still say cool? Maybe since the 80's are coming back Rad is cooler than 'cool'. Or maybe groovy is rader than cool, but not as hip as "that's hot"?

Well, whatever it is you dang kids are saying now a days, it's sounds like a you had a killer time (do people still say killer)?=)

Are you still looking for stuff to decorate the room with? I found some graffiti and hippie stuff online if you're interested.

Voting